Italian way of cooking is very creative as well as satisfying, most especially when you have the right kind of cooking tools at hand. To enjoy cooking and preparing an Italian meal, you really need to prepare and use essential cooking dinnerware, cookware, utensils and cutlery. Check out the following lists below to make sure you prepare your favorite Italian food recipe with no lacking equipment.
These are the cooking equipment you need to get when you are preparing an Italian food. Almost all that will be mentioned are a must.
- Pasta pot – When cooking a pasta, you need a lot of water so you will need to use an ample pot. For one pound of noodles, you must prepare at least 5 gallons of water but actually there are some who prefer to use 8 gallons. You can use an aluminum cookware or steel.
- Chef’s knife – There are lots of cutlery types that are very helpful in cooking Italian foods. But, you need to choose a best one and that should be a sharp chef’s knife which is about 6 inches long. Look for a chef’s knife that is made of carbon or stainless steel. Choose one that has textured, comfortable handle so that your hand will not slip.
- Garlic press – Garlic is very important for making different Italian dishes, from presto to promodoro sauce. Thus, you need an aluminum casted press which can handle from small to large cloves. If not, you can use mortar and pestle to mash the garlic.
- Grater – Cheese grater is a priceless when it comes to preparing Italian meals. Others stick with the typical four-sided tower shape while some prefers the flat variety. Try a rotary version of grater in order to avoid grating your own fingers.
- Colander – When draining vegetables or pasta, a colander is very basic and important. There are different colanders which are made up of different material too. You just need to make sure that you use the big one which is enough to rinse the food you want.
- Italian Spoons – The spoon that you will be using for stirring will become your very best friend when you are preparing and cooking an Italian food. Make sure to find one that is made up of wood as wooden spoons do not conduct heat. Thus, making them very ideal and best for stirring soups and sauces.
- Baking pan – You will need a baking pan to bake all kinds of Italian baked foods you want. You have the option to take a glass pan from your oven directly to be served on your table where guests can help themselves to freshly baked lasagna, ziti, chicken cacciatore and eggplant Parmigiano.
- Ladle – Others go for stainless steel ladle or melamine varieties. Whichever you choose, make sure you have that one long ladle which can handle sauces and soups.
- Kitchen scissors – Kitchen scissors are needed at your kitchen when you are preparing and cooking Italian foods. They are very useful for cutting and snipping vegetables.
- Timer – Timer is an important equipment when cooking. You can chop, stir, fry to perfection but these will become perfect is timing is right. You need a timer to help you check if everything is done correctly.
Now, you knew what are the essential equipment tools then enjoy cottura!
Once you’re done with cooking, you need to prepare essential equipment to serve the Italian food you prepared. You need to make sure that people who will be eating with you feels like they are in Italy. You can definitely use the following especially when you need to host an italian themed party. Read on to know more.
- 2 tier server or tiered serving tray- When you’re serving different desserts like gelato, tiramisu, ricotta cheesecake or any delightful assortment of Italian cookies then you definitely have this one. I am talking about serving your guests during tea party or even during an Italian themed party at your home.
- buffet trays – Of course, you definitely need these serving tools to provide your guests selection and aesthetic arrangement too.
- tuscan napkin rings – Making sure you serve delicious food and making sure everything is under control, designed well and arranged well is equally important when hosting a party. You can trust Italians as you can use tuscan napkin rings for your napkins. It has a sense of art and aesthetic at the same time.
- italian ceramics pitcher – Want to impress your friends not just with your homemade Italian foods but with your new Italian homemade juice? You can use an Italian ceramic pitcher. Your friends will be jealous with your foods and drinks plus the art too.
- ceramic salt and pepper shakers – You need this one before and during serving Italian foods. You can use these important kitchen tools when you are still preparing the foods. Even after, you can brag these to the buffet area especially when your guests want more salt or pepper with their foods. Go and make them want your artistic ceramic salt and pepper shakers.
- oil and vinegar dispensers – These too are essential to you and to your guests too. You can put these in the table for everyone to have access.
- cupcake stand and cake servers – It is needed when you are consuming so much space in your dining table, having a cupcake stand or cake servers can make a difference, You can put other little desserts too,
- kitchen coffee mugs – When you are hosting a dinner party, afternoon party or any parties at your own home. You need to give your guests variety of choices.For example, not all loved to drink juice or wine. So, you can prepare coffee mugs for those coffee lovers.
- Deruta Serving tray – Have the chance to boast your Italian recipe along with your Deruta collections such as a deruta serving tray.
- Deruta utensil holders – make use of art and necessity for this kitchen serving tool. You can share your collections arts and love in Italian pottery while serving your guests.
Now, let me share with you some traditional Italian Meal serving. Did you know that eating Italian meal is a process. If you really want to achieve an Italian-themed party hosted at your own home, you can follow this list in order.
Antipasto – In this process, it means something to nibble on like bowl of fresh fennel and marinated olives with fine Parmigiano-Reggiano and an italian bread along with drinks served.
Primo – This is what you call the appetizer or the first course. Usually, it can be a rice, soup, polenta or even a pasta. Make sure to keep the servings small since the main course will be coming next.
Secondo – This is where you need to serve the main course which is most of the time, meat, chicken or seafood.
Contorno- The main course will be accompanied with vegetables platter. The side dish is the highlight though it is just a simple part of italian dining.
Dolce – Dolce is a bowl of cookies and fruits most of the time
Caffe – End your italian meal with espresso.